1. This is How. While futzing around online last week I came across Augusten Burroughs new book This is How. My love of pulp, and Mr. Burroughs, got me down to the Barnes and Noble in Union Square (my favorite location due to its grandiose scale) and I snagged a hard copy. To my delight, when I entered the store there sat a big ‘ol stack of autographed copies, one of the perks of living in NYC. A few chapters in and I’m thoroughly enjoying Augusten Burroughs antidotes about self-help. Let’s just say if you’re deeply troubled, highly cynical and like to laugh you’ll love This is How.
2. Watercolor. Water color is hands down my favorite medium. Every now and then I’ll work on a little painting but lately I’ve really been feeding the creative beast within. In addition to my weekly ceramics class I added a watercolor class into the mix. I’m having a great time exploring a little art education with some of my free time. I’m finding these classes to be really inspiring and seem to be giving me a lot of stimulation and balance in my life.
3. Tiny Plants. My foray in to revamping our back yard area last month got my rusty green thumb back in action. I spotted some adorable tiny plants at the local Crest Hardware store and I grabbed a few and so began my little indoor plant table. I took a piece of nice wood and placed it atop the rather ugly dog crate sitting in our dining room and made it a nice little table by the window to support a precious little indoor garden and terrarium center.
4. Pacifica Roller-ball Perfume. Roller-ball perfume reminds me of my youth. Spray perfume is of a more sophisticated nature. Don’t get me wrong, I can be classy chick, but sometimes I like the fun and lighthearted feel of playful cosmetics like lip gloss in a tin and Johnson & Johnson’s baby Oil. Ah to be young! These Pacifica roller-balls come in a bunch of yummy flavors. Right now I’m wearing Indian Coconut Nectar. It’s a Spring thing!
5. Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. This shit is lethal and unless you feel like adding a new addiction to your roster, I strongly suggest NOT trying this flavor. This is actually embarrassing, but for the last month and a half we’ve been going through approximately 3 pints of this stuff a week…yea, 3 PINTS A WEEK!!! Somebody help me! They have achieved the ultimate flavor combo with creamy strawberry goodness and sweet and salty graham cracker swirls. It’s scary!
Category:Me, Me, Me | Tags: